Leonardo Gifted School is partner or member of: COBIS - Council of British International Schools, ECHA - European Council for High Ability, WCGTC - World Council for Gifted and Talented Children, AERO - Alternative Education Resource Organization, BPLUSA - Big Picture Learning Design USA, University of Bucharest - Faculty of Phychology and Educational Sciences, University of Connecticut - Neag School of Education, Simon Fraser University - Faculty of Education
Started in 2010, now in its 5th consecutive program year, Centrul Gifted Education, is a Romanian charity, the first center exclusively dedicated to gifted children in Romania. We are members of ECHA-European Council for High Ability and WCGTC– World Council for Gifted and Talented Children and partners to the University of Bucharest – Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences.
Internationally, we have been supported by the Simon Fraser University – Faculty of Education through the works of Dr. Lannie Kanevsky, and the University of Connecticut- through the support of Dr. Sally Reis and Dr. Joseph Renzulli.
Our project to open a school was audited and recommended by two reputed international Universities: CEU Business School and Johns Hopkins Carey School of Business.
Our project is internationally recommended, supported by Romanian legislation, supported by Professional Ambassadors and Excellence Ambassadors, supported by expert communities in Germany, USA and the EU.
More than 100 gifted children already participated after their program at their regular school, by yearly attending an overall of 120-150 hours in our program. Altogether, after 5 years we have now over 1000 hours of expertise and direct work with gifted and we have fine tuned our abilities in relationship with our target group.
Due to our success with children, parents started to ask for more. Right now, due to an increased interest in the program, we have decided to open Leonardo Gifted School, a British school dedicated exclusively to gifted, in an international setting, mindset and curriculum.
Our school will comprise in its first year a maximum of 33-40 children.
What makes us completely different than any other school is that we are:
• unique in Romania and in the region
• designed especially with gifted in mind
• more than 24 differentiators in education, one of them being an unprecedented number – over 1000 hours – of expertise and experience of direct work with gifted children,
• we offer an extremely important value added Enrichment with selected high profile mentors which ensures that the child can extend the knowledge and talent in the area of his passion with a person who has a romance with the subject, who has obtained highly respected status in the field and is in love with the idea of paying his knowledge forward to gifted children
• we select children based on a multi-discipline multi-specialist approach, with a very well researched and specialized selection at International standards which includes international stadardized tests, interviews both with the child and the parents, a behavioural evaluation, etc.
• we work with a specialized team, which includes, among other specialists, dual degree teachers, Mensa teachers, psychologists as partners in the process of education and counselling
• we proudly announce 100% satisfaction rate among gifted kids
In our school, the application process runs year-round, with an international selection process.
Starting with 1st of August 2016 Leonardo Gifted School of Bucharest seeks a Head of Primary School.
We are a unique International British school for highly gifted children. In January 2015 we have been offered from the COBIS Board the COBIS Candidate School status. This includes us in the in the large family of quality British International Schools. We are also in the application process within the Romanian law, to become an internationally accredited school – the school is in pending process.
Leonardo Gifted School is designed to serve the needs of highly intelligent children, from preschool through 5th grade. We are an International British school, and our aim is to attract the most intelligent and talented youngsters all over Romania and from abroad. Our intent is to educate children of many different nationalities and to proudly and actively promote international understanding and high quality global education in a gifted oriented environment. We understand the education and counseling needs of gifted children and their parents.
For August 2016 start – Closing date: open position up to the moment when we find the right candidate.
Download Head of School job posting.
We recruit only high talents. If you think you want to apply and be part of our team, please send us your resume in advance at recruitment @ leonardoschool.ro. If you qualify, we will contact you shortly, as soon as a new position is available.